Friday, August 9, 2013

Asian Internship Day 5



KEEP THE FIRE BURNING…
Mary Ann Buhat, the Philippines


Rinnggggg…  It’s 5am. With barely half opened eyes and still dreaming brain, I put my alarm into snooze mode… And I went back to sleep.

... and it alarmed again at around 5:10am

… It’s too early to get up but I made a promise.

… I promised Nelson that I will join ZUMBA!!!!

Oh yeah, I had Zumba in Malang, Indonesia at 5:30am. Who would have thought that I can do that?? – this is one GILA (crazy) thing for me. I’m not a morning person, and it’s a challenge for me to wake up before the sun rises. And zumba??? Oh please… I dance like a military general with a stiff neck. 


But I’m glad a joined Zumba today with other interns. It was tough at first but as I dance my heart out and feel the sweat in my skin, I felt relieved. It was tiring yet refreshing. And I actually liked it.

After Zumba, of course, we had a very nice breakfast (as always). We also did our usual morning devotion, and I’m blessed that we were able to spend more time seeking and understanding God’s will individually.

At noon, we had an overview of XEE – the illustration of GRACE, SIN, GOD, CHRIST and FAITH. The “practice-with-your-partner” activity was very helpful. It helped us familiarized ourselves with the illustrations and build our relationship with each other. Overall, it was a nice way to get out of our nutshell and let go of our apprehension because of language barrier.


 We ended the day, with a bonfire….

Looking at the fire, I was reminded of the verse in Exodus 27:21 – “In the tent of meeting, outside the curtain that shields the ark of the covenant law, Aaron and his sons are to keep the lamps burning before the LORD from evening till morning. This is to be a lasting ordinance among the Israelites for the generations to come.”

Just like Aaron, God also asked us to keep our lamps burning. For GOD’s light to continuously shine brighter and brighter through us, we need to constantly get refueled by refining our faith.

This week has been a refining week of everyone. We do things that are new to us, things that made us go out of our comfort zones. Things that made us see the quality of our lives. And just like zumba at 5:30am, I know the refining process will not be easy. It may take some time, but I know at the end of the day, it will be for the good. Not to mention that there is a good breakfast waiting for us. And that’s HEAVEN for us. Crown in heaven is waiting for us – this is a good reward for everyone.

So let’s keep our fire burning.. 


1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! What an encouragement. We (Sarah and Maba in Fiji) are praying for you and the rest of the Asia Interns! Bless you all :)

    ReplyDelete