Sunday, August 25, 2013

"PNIEL"



PNIEL – this means “Face to face with God”. This is the prayer of the people in Blimbing Sari, Bali. That everyone who visits the village will meet God face to face.


Right after I graduated college, I have planted myself beside the dream of the world – to be successful in my career. But somehow, after several years of working, I felt that I can do more. Despite the earnings and recognitions, there’s emptiness. I felt that something else is missing. At first I had no idea what it was or where to find it; I just knew it wasn’t something I could get in my current work.


It took me 1648 miles or 2651.63 Kilometers (Distance between Manila to Bali) to become aware of what was missing. – And it happened in Blimbing Sari. The only Christian Village in Bali, and it is obvious that the place carry the “Christian” aura from its road, to the houses and especially through its people.


My three days and two nights stay in Blimbing Sari had brought me to the simplicity of life. The stillness and peacefulness of the village allowed me to connect deeply and appreciate the beauty of life. The quiet street helped me to slow down and think about the ways of the Lord. The hospitality of the citizens reminded me of my family. The children at the orphanage conveyed me my childhood dream of becoming a teacher and doing social works.





Through these experiences, God tenderly let me see that I’ve been seeking the world – the temporary joy and fulfillment. Staying in the world, made me thirsty, dehydrated and if I stay in the world any longer, I will wither and eventually will die.








 God’s desire for me (and for everyone) is to be like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruits in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. (Psalm 1:3). This is the kind of success that I need to seek. –To plant my tree (life) beside the source of the living water – Jesus Christ so that I will never be thirsty. I will not fear when the heat comes, for my leaves remain green. I will not be anxious in the year of drought, for I will not cease to bear fruit. (Jeremiah 17:8)



As for me, PNIEL will be a living testimony. I’ve encountered God once more. And I pray that in whatever I do, I’ll be able to glorify God. - Mary Ann, the Philippines.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment