Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It's So Good to Share the Gospel !!!

     Sharing the Gospel - We are all called to be a witness all the time to share this good news (Matt 28). As a believer of Christ, this is what I always wanted to do. However, I was always hesitating and making excuses not to share, like, ”this is not the right time to share...", "if I would not share well they would not accept Christ...", and so on... So far I have shared gospel with my close friends, but haven't shared so much with people I don't know well.


     But in this internship, we have something called OJT (On the Job Training), which I actually have to share the gospel!!



     Sometime, we invite people, sometime we go out on a street and try to fine a right person to talk. Even though I was little hesitate to do it at the first point, I love OJT now! I've noticed that people here in Bali, are very open and willing to hear the gospel. They listen to the story with very curious eyes, have good response and ask many questions about how they can get eternal life. So far I haven't rejected. Moreover, I've found that there is nothing more fun than sharing the gospel!




     Today, we had some local high school students coming, had chance to talk and share the gospel. In my group, we had two boys and one girl. We found that they were all Christians, but they were not sure that they can go to heaven or not. (the girl already had shared the gospel by our members yesterday) They notice their sins and are struggling with it. I am so glad that we had this opportunity to share His good news with them. In the end, they truly understood that they don't need (and can't) enter heaven by their good deed, but trusting only in Jesus.




     In these (almost) three weeks in Indonesia, I got a feeling that many Christians here actually trusting in Jesus but also in their good deeds, such as prayer, serving at church, going church every Sundays, etc... Just as I did not understand His grace for over 6 years in church. They really need to hear that for Jesus took all of our sin and we just can trust in Him!!!





    In this afternoon, God gave us even more blessings. After the clinic today, we had free time, mostly for resting. We have some people tired and sick a little (Please pray for us!) so it was very nice to have time like that.



    However, you know what I did? I'm a young (?) boy, and can not just staying in a bed in sunny day like this. It's time to play BASKETBALL!!!



    Sadly, other guys did not come to play XD  but some girls joined. We saw four local boys also playing basketball, so we offered them to play together.




     After we enjoyed good exercise for good one hour (Pshing was the one who were not playing basketball but wrestling), it was the time to have conversation in the corner of the basketball coat. Thank God that because we played basketball together, good friendship has already built and it was very smooth to ask them more spiritual questions.




     I talked to two teen boys. One had Hindu and another had Muslim background. However, they were very interested to hear the Gospel. Their eyes were twinkling and they were responding very well to each ideas that we shared. In the end, they said clearly that they want to accept Jesus as only one Savior and God. Praise God!!! This was actually my first time to lead non-Christian people to accept Jesus!!!! I was super duper excited!!!




     Their spiritual life with Jesus have just begun. Since they have Hindu and Muslim family, I think it it very hard for them to keep faith. We will continue to pray for them and thank God that we found out later that the other one of four was actually Christian so that he can continue encouraging his friends.

     Thank you God for showing us your grace again. It is super wonderful to see someone come to Christ. Thanks to Digeng who translated everything and took part of explaining what faith is and lead them to prayer, Pishing and JitAi who started conversation with them, and last but not least Miyuki who was praying for them and us through entire time we were sharing the Gospel. It was all God's servant teamwork. It was very beautiful!






     Actually, there were many students who accepted Jesus as Savior nevertheless they were Hindu or Muslim in OJT time. I was very surprised hear all the reports back like that. But it is very important to them to be rooted. We prayed for each one of them by name that they will keep knowing Jesus more and more so that they can be the light for their family and friends.

     It was an amazing day to experience how powerful God is. He can even change Hindu girl and Muslim boy! Day by day, I experience His grace and joy of sharing the Gospel, and notice this is not my own knowledge or strength, but the work of the Holy Spirit.




     Now, I'm so excited to share the Gospel with others! Can't wait to see what is going to happen tomorrow!!!

     I'm still praying and searching for my specific calling from God, but for sure, wherever I go, and whatever I do, I will be His witness all the time!!

     This is the verse that Lord has given to me in this internship. (There are actually so many!!)

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5,6)

      Takuma (Japan)


1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful sharing Takuma... keep up the good work... (Nelson)

    ReplyDelete