Monday, August 26, 2013

Attentive-Listening God

               Good bye Bali! Hello Malang!



            Today, we were traveling from Bali and back to Malang. Before we go to airport, we visited Synod Office of Protestant Christian Church in Bali. We had a short devotion and sharing time with Pdt. I Nengah Suama M. Th (General Secretary of Protestant Christian Church in Bali) and Pdt. Made Budiarsha M. Th (Secretary of Witness & Development Department of Protestant Christian Church in Bali). Pdt. Made Budiarsha reminded us that MINISTRY is not just a task or job, but it is the calling from God, to be a mediator of God who brings good news to others. Pdt. I Nengah Suama shared about the history of Protestant Christian Church in Bali and how hard the gospel entered into Bali (from Blimbing Sari expand to every places in Bali).


“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; 
knock and the door will be opened to you.”
(Matthew 7:7)


Before we go to Bali, I felt tense. Especially as I knew we will go to the street and beach and share gospel to the people, it makes me more stress and feel weak. I’m not use to share gospel in the public places. But, the fact is God makes me enjoy every gospel sharing in the street (just as I prayed to Him before I join internship that I could enjoy the internship and left with no regrets). Everytime as we were in the street, I will pray to God to give me a chance to share gospel, and God answered my prayers. I did felt tense everyday in Bali, but undeniably, God trained me to put mission in action. I always admire others can share gospel wherever they go but I never put it into practice. And I learn a lesson, as I ask God to give me a chance to share gospel, God will grant me that opportunity. It is depending on whether or not I seek to reach out to the people.

There are two incidents which I will never forget. First, one day we shared gospel at Kuta Beach with Pak Dewa, a taxi driver and leader of a Hindu Temple. Medi, Miyuki, Rahel and I saw a guy sat beside Pak Dewa and very interested on our conversation. At that time, I thought that after Pak Dewa, he will be our team’s next contact. But, later I found actually he was a missionary. As we sharing the gospel to Pak Dewa, he was praying for us. I always sang the song “Someone is Praying for You”, and that day God let me experience it. In fact, it gave me more courage to share the gospel because God revealed His promise (He will never leave me and nor forsake me) through a stranger’s intercession.

When I was in Blimbing Sari, I prayed and asked God to let me see any opportunity to serve people. God not only gave me a chance to share my testimony to believers in Blimbing Sari, He also gave me a chance to serve an elderly lady, Ibu Priyasti. Ibu Priyasti loves to sing. On Friday night, I heard her story. Ibu Priyasti blessed a lot of people in the past; no matter she was in good time or difficult time, she always shares God’s story to others. That night, Kheni and I prayed for her. But, when I went back to my guest house, I have a song in my heart that I felt I need to sing to her the next day when I meet her. But I had no chance to met her until before we leave Blimbing Sari. Kheni and I met her in Widhya Asih II (the orphanage in Blimbing Sari). Both of us sang the song “Tuhan Pasti Sanggup (God is Able)” to encourage her and strengthen her faith in God during this difficult time. Today, I was recalled that a month ago, I prayed and asked God to use my singing to serve the people, and my prayer is answered.

God not only answer my prayer, more importantly, He taught me how to do it. As I seek and pray to Him, I see every opportunity to serve Him. Our God is God who listens to our prayer attentively. Before we depart to Bali, Pak Lukas shared that we are all sinners, saved by grace. I thank God that He used my life to bless the people I met. In everything, give thanks!

Prayer Requests:
  1. Continue to pray for Bali as most of the Balinese are Hindu believers and never heard about gospel.
  2. The next two days we will learn XEE. Pray for our study and OJTs.
  3. Kak Rio and Medi lost their luggages today. Their luggages are in Jakarta’s Airport now. Pray that they can get their luggages tomorrow. 
  4. Pray for us as we continue to seek God’s will in our life.
~ by Paik Shing (Malaysia) ~

No comments:

Post a Comment