Wednesday, August 28, 2013

We Just Finished XEE!

Hi, it's me again! Shohei from Japan! I noticed so many Indonesian friends have a hard time to pronounce my name! But anyway, this is my second time to blog.

My last blog was about the final session of Harry's exciting theology, and this time we've just successfully finished the last session of XEE!

I personally found XEE more interesting and applicable in the context of evangelism in Japan than the Classic EE. Because the main focus of the Classic is on eternal life where XEE focuses more on our present life. I like the question from XEE 'On a scale of 1 to 10, how fulfilling would you  think your life is?'.  I regularly evangelize in Japan and often ask the prospects 'How is your life? Good? Bad? Happy?', then they often answer me like 'I'm happy.' and they go. They don't want to get distracted so don't answer it honestly. However, this way of questioning people, I can imagine people really start to think where they are in happiness, and when they give me the number, it'll be also a good indication of their level of satisfaction with their life.  In a country like Japan where many claim to be an atheist, thinking about material things most times, they rarely think about eternal life or the significance of eternal life. So in that sense, XEE is more appealing to Japanese. 

Anyway, the part I liked the most was what would be potential objections we might get and how we would response to them. Langdon taught us two things: 1.Be a learner. 2.Think about what's behind the question or objection.
I think the latter is the key to evangelism. I've learned this after many evangelisms done by myself in Japan. People always cover up their true motives sometimes intentionally and other times unintentionally, and sometimes we end up hitting the bushes and not hitting the point. But when you love that person and that's what we do in evangelism, I think you put yourself in the person's shoe and many times you naturally come to know the person's motives so we can lead the person to the right answer without wasting our breath on some unnecessary topics.

After the class, we had great time with Rod on Skype! Everyone got from Rod two vital questions:

1. What has the internship changed about your life or thinking?
2. Has God's calling become clearer?

It was obvious everyone got more excited as they answered these questions! Many have really started thinking about their future with EE, others are not sure with EE organizations but going into full-time ministry. So all of us got fired up through this internship for sure! Thank you so much for your support and prayers! They have already started bearing fruits!

After all, we've got only 2 more days. I can tell many of them don't want to leave Malang ;> But we will look ahead and maximize the opportunities to evangelize back in our country for the harvest is plentiful but workers are few.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment